Project Manager sought for our Buildings and Facilities market segment for Maine and New Hampshire. Overall responsibility and management of assigned project(s) ensuring the fulfillment of contractual requirements while meeting the company's safety, budget, and schedule goals and maintaining relationships with the owner, engineer/architect, and other partners
Qualified applicants should have a four-year degree in engineering or construction management with at least five to ten years experience as a Construction Project Manager on similar projects in our Buildings and Facilities market segment including health care, and college/university projects ranging from $10 million to over $50 million per project. Individuals should be knowledgeable and capable of scheduling, estimating, purchasing/subcontracting, and field and office engineering. Must have the ability to work well with all types of people, have strong leadership skills as well as excellent verbal, written, and computer skills.A list of projects completed should also be included in your application.
The Project Manager (PM) manages the project team and all administrative activities of a project to ensure the fulfillment of contractual requirements while meeting the company's safety, budget, and schedule goals. The person in this position will provide direct supervision to the project team or a portion of the team, including the superintendent(s), project engineer(s) office engineer(s), FOMs, and other project staff. The PM will provide timely and constructive feedback or corrective action to ensure that each team member contributes to the success of the project and company.
The Project Manager role drives the implementation and utilization of PC initiatives including lean tools for their project.
- Establish and implement project buyout and procurement.
- Approve subcontractor and vendor invoices for payment.Ensure invoices are properly and promptly submitted and timely payment is received.
- Review and finalize initial project budgets, identify and mitigate threats to the project’s budget goals.
- Prepare and submit budget changes.
- Prepare and submit monthly project progress billings to owner.
- Manage cash flow, and act as needed to ensure a positive cash flow.
- Complete and present project Estimate-To-Complete reports.
- Identify and mitigate items that are threats to the project’s cost.
- Business Development
- Manage the relationship with the owner, architect/engineer, construction manager, and other contractual partners.
- Ensure all project logs, documents and records are up-to-date and available to all necessary parties.
- Generate and execute a submittal plan, including responsibilities and dates to ensure that the construction activities meet schedule requirements.
- Manage distribution of information and documents to all members of the project team.
- Employee Development and Relations
- Create and execute the project’s staffing plan, including hiring, relocating and terminating employees.
- Establish project procedures for communication, decision-making, and issue-resolution and resolve disputes between coworkers when they impact performance.
- Mentor and coach direct reports. Conduct annual performance reviews with administrative direct reports.Set developmental goals and monitor progress with direct reports.
- Equipment and Materials
- Create and execute the equipment usage plan for the project.Collaborate with superintendents and project managers on other projects to share or transfer equipment, materials and supplies.
- Owner Contracts and Change Management
- Responsible for fully administering the owner contract.
- Review design drawings and specifications to identify potential issues.
- Develop the project team’s change management strategy.Prepare and submit change orders to the owner's contract according to PC’s procedures and contract requirements.
- Get owner changes approved monthly, at a minimum.
- Responsible for getting payment for any additional scopes performed.
- Develop a procurement plan, including responsibilities, target dates, and target goals to be met.
- Review and ensure all PC contract requirements are met i.e. P&P Bond, insurance, etc.
- Ensure that all capable and qualified subcontractors are invited to bid, and procurement requirements are met.
- Review subcontractor and vendor quotes regarding scope, pricing, and schedule to ensure complete coverage of the work.
- Analyze and negotiate subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, and subcontract/PO change orders. Award and sign subcontracts, purchase orders, and subcontract/PO change orders.
- Project Start up and Closeout
- Develop, distribute and manage project bid packages.
- Develop, manage and provide key input for developing project GMP.
- Participate in project turnover meetings.
- Create and implement a project execution plan and the project’s close-out plan.
- Manage all project start-up and commissioning plans and procedures.
- Develop and execute a quality control plan in accordance with PC’s Project Quality Control Plan Policy and Procedure.
- Ensure that all work conforms to the plans and specifications.
- Hold team accountable for project safety requirements.
- Enforce the site-specific safety plan, compliance with PC safety policies, OSHA and other safety regulations.Promote safety awareness and constantly inspect the project site for safety issues, correct if/when identified.
- Participate in project safety meetings including weekly meetings and safety incident reviews
- Track project performance as measured by incident rate and cost/man hour
- Identify personnel and equipment resources to create the project schedule, ensure project progress is updated at a minimum monthly and accurately and delays are accounted for and incorporated.
- Manage project progress and schedule.Identify and mitigate threats to the project’s schedule goals.
- Lead project progress meetings with clients and architects.
- Attend pull plan schedule meetings and weekly work plan schedule meetings.
- Subcontractors and Vendors
- Prepare and review subcontracts, purchase orders, change orders, and other commitments in CMiC.
- Review, Prepare and submit change orders to the subcontractor’s contracts/PO’s according to PC’s procedures and contract requirements.
- Manage sub and vendor changes, notifications.
- Business Acumen
- Planning Organizing
- Selecting Talent
- Resolving Conflict
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Facilitating Change
- Driving for Results
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Business, Engineering or Construction Management, preferred
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling, productivity analysis, construction operations and cash flow procedures is essential
- 5 years of experience managing administrative activities on a construction project
- Must be able to supervise employees
100% EMPLOYEE OWNED
PC Construction (formerly Pizzagalli) is 100% employee owned providing general contracting, construction management and design-build services for Commercial, Education & Campus, Health Care, Hospitality & Resort, Manufacturing & Industrial, and Water Treatment projects. Steeped in over a half century of experience, PC uses innovative construction methods and problem-solving approaches to respond uniquely and specifically to each customer's needs - from multi-million dollar projects, to projects over $250 million. We hold consistent rankings in ENR as a top contractor, and maintain our corporate office in Vermont, with regional offices in Maine, New York, North Carolina, Florida, and Georgia.
PC Construction Company does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, family medical history, disability, or other characteristics which are or may be protected by law. We urge qualified minorities and women to apply. An Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Portland, ME